Do you have a traffic ticket pending in New Jersey? Do you wanna know how to finish New jersey ticket payment online? Do you have any other questions or doubts regarding NJ traffic Laws?
If yes, then listen carefully in the next few I will tell you everything you need to know about NJ traffic tickets & ways you can pay them online without extra fees.
If you wish to escape paying fines imposed by police, then I have a tip for you. Keep reading carefully to find out. But, first, let’s see some basic but important things.
What is NJMCDirect? (or) What is NJMCDIRECT.COM?
NJMCDirect is an online traffic ticket payment website for New Jersey commuters. NJMC Direct website helps you pay your NJ pending traffic penalties from your computer or mobile phone without going to the NJ municipal court.
Important to know: It is highly recommended that you challenge your traffic ticket in New Jersey Municipal court. Study shows that 90% of the times court reduces or completely cancels the ticket.
The reason you must do it is that your ticket payments affect your insurance policy premium for the next 3 years. Here’s a simple guide that can guide you plead not guilty in NJ Court.
But why use NJMCDirect.com?
Well, the law in New Jersey requires that traffic fines are paid to the Municipal courts. That means you have to go the court first and then wait in the queue, and most probably waste too much of your precious time.
More so, the manual way requires your physical presence before an NJ municipal judge. If it were your fault, you’d have to settle it anyway. To avoid the hustle, New Jersey introduced the system of paying traffic tickets online.
You may have so many questions about Njmcdirect so I’ve answered most of the questions and doubts that all of our New Jersey drivers facing.
Check out the topics below and see what queries you have and jump to that section.
- Steps to Pay NJ Traffic Ticket Online at NJMCDIRECT
- Requirements To Pay NJ Traffic ticket online
- Njmcdirect Contact details
- NJMCDirect Working Hours
- How to pay Njmcdirect surcharge?
- Can you pay NJ parking tickets online?
- How much is a seatbelt ticket in NJ?
- How many points is a speeding ticket in NJ?
- What is the NJ surcharge violation system?
- What is a surcharge on a ticket NJ?
- Pros of Using www.njmcdirect.com traffic ticket payment online method
Steps to Pay NJ Traffic Ticket Online at NJMCDIRECT
Follow these simple steps carefully to complete the payment of your New Jersey traffic ticket online using the Njmcdirect official website.
- Log in to the official page of NJMDirect via this link at www.njmcdirect.com.
- Start the payment process by searching for the Traffic ticket or Payment order.
- You have to provide: the Ticket Prefix, Court ID, Ticket Number, plus the License Plate Number.
- You have the option to view the ticket or proceed with the payment process.
- Note: You can Complete the traffic ticket payment process with either MasterCard, American Express card, or Visa debit or credit cards.
- Njmcdirect official website is
www.njmcdirect.com. Always check the URL in your browser before making the payment.
|Payment Method||Credit, Debit Cards|
|Details Req||Ticket & License Number|
|Timings||4:30 – 23:15 EST|
Requirements To Pay NJ Traffic ticket online
- The most important thing is the officer who issued the violation ticket did not indicate you to appear in the municipal court.
- No warrants have been issued for the ticket by the Police department.
- For one, you should know your ticket and the nature of the violation. Traffic officers must state this before issuing the ticket. Also, that is the information you require for you to complete the payment for the charges.
- Tip: If you don’t know your traffic ticket number then you can find your NJ Traffic ticket number here using your vehicle license number or using your name on which the vehicle is registered.
- In some cases, you may require to perform an online search for the number of your ticket. A search through the claims listed on the Municipal Courts website will guide you to your case. As standard with online search requests, you may not get whatever you are looking for. Contact them directly.
- Your credit card, whether Visa or MasterCard, will facilitate the online payment process itself.
- Finally, you should have access to the Internet. Do not use public Wi-Fi to pay for your ticket. A laptop, desktop Pc, or mobile phone will help you with accessing the Court portal.
NJMDirect gives you a prefix code, and that is what you use to settle the fines. So, with NJMCDirect, you have more liberty to clear your charges conveniently. One significant point is that it helps you avoid the cancellation of your authority to drive within New Jersey.
Njmcdirect Contact details
Under any circumstance, the portal retains your payment details for three months. Users experiencing any difficulty are requested to link up with NJMDirect support, immediately. Here are the contacts:
- Call via Phone No-973 284 4945
- Fax them via -973 284 4914
- Physical office location is-NJMC Public Safety Building, 2nd Floor, 228 Chesnutt Street
- NJMC Official working schedule is-Monday through to Friday starting 8 AM to 4 PM
NJMCDirect Working Hours
- New Jersey courts allow you to settle your payments on a flexible schedule. From Monday to Saturday, the www.njmcdirect.com traffic ticket payment online portal is open from 7: 30 AM to 11:15 PM – EST.
- Sunday has an exceptional opening time, that’s 1: 00 PM EST.
- Consequently, closing hours vary:
- All Sundays, Mondays, through to Thursday, closing time is 11:45 PM EST. However, Fridays and Saturdays close at 10:45 PM and 3:45 PM EST respectively.
How to pay Njmcdirect surcharge?
For a violator to settle payments regarding surcharges, you must verify the details. First, call the commission vial (844) 424-6829.
With access to your information and payment records, you can settle the bills online. The system allows you to make online payments either via check or credit card. Note that your card must be either of- MasterCard Visa or Discover.
- You can find more details about NJ Surcharge on this blog post.
Can you pay NJ parking tickets online?
Yes, you can make payments to settle parking tickets via the NJMDirect portal. The portal allows you the liberty to pay your bills without following the ordinary procedures where you queue. The system is for one very secure. Secondly, it’s straightforward to use swift settlements saving you a great deal of time. Depending on the card you use to pay, you may qualify for some royalty points.
How much is a seatbelt ticket in NJ?
According to the laws in New Jersey, a fine for failing to buckle the seatbelt amounts to $46. The penalty issued to the driver and applies to anybody in the front row of seats on a vehicle. The year 2010, legislations also hold adults in the rest of the rows accountable for violation by failing to put on the safety belts.
How many points is a speeding ticket in NJ?
The fines for overspending in New Jersey are charged with respect to the accepted limits. The charge is calculated by how fast beyond the set you met you were driving at. In ordinary cases, the charge will vary from $85 to $260.
Here is a simplified table with the points charged for:
|Speed Over Limits-mph||Points||Fine|
- If you exceed the limits by 1 to 9 mph, you are fined $85.
- Exceeding speed limits by a range of 10 to 15 mph, you pay $105.
- Exceeding speeds by between 20-24 mph, your fine goes to$200.
- Consequently, overspending by 25-29 mph, you are liable for a fine of$220 Excesses of 30-34 mph and 35-39 mph are fined for $260 and double that respectively.
Note: if you overspending charges in a court of law, an extra fine of $34 applies.
What is the NJ surcharge violation system?
The State of New Jersey maintains the NJSVS or the New Jersey Surcharge Violation System. On an annual schedule, additional charges are levied for drivers with exceptionally high rates of violations of the traffic rules. Note that this comes after usual court fines and is in place since the year 1983. Key metrics considered include: driving under the influence of substances. More so, driving while one’s license has been canceled or while one has a pending fine.
What is a surcharge on a ticket NJ?
This is an additional charge levied on the summary of all traffic violations one has committed over twelve months. The motor vehicle commission sends you notifications regarding the charges. The address used is the one on the registered in the commission. You can Pay NjSurcharge here.
Pros of Using www.njmcdirect.com traffic ticket payment online method
- Speedy settlement of fines– within a few minutes, you can pay by leveraging on online accessibility.
- Security to your personal information– working with a portal guarantees your confidentiality. Besides, critical personal details are safeguarded. The data is, however accessible to employees of the Court in New Jersey under their lines of duty.
- Convenience– With only an extra cost of not more than $4, you settle traffic issues without your need to visit the court physically. That is way beneficial as opposed to solving the entire process by yourself. It will cost you more, time-wise, to attend courts, withdraw money or write and deliver checks.