Pay all your NJ DMV surcharge online using NJSVS (New Jersey Surcharge Violation System). In this simple article, I will show you guys how to pay New Jersey surcharge bills online using the official website.
First things first, In Case if you don’t know why you got surcharge on your ticket then you must know it before paying for your surcharge.
As we all know, whenever we violate a traffic rule we will be issued a traffic ticket and also we will get a certain number of points added to our driving license.
At any given point of time, if you have more than SIX points over the period of three years then you will be charged hundred Dollars($100) annually for the next three years. Not only just a hundred dollars, for every point above six points, but you also will be charged with an extra $25.
How NJ Surcharge is Charged?
So for example, if you get 9 violation points over the last 36 months then you would have to pay $100+$75, a total of $175 dollars per year. So the grand total will be ($175*3) $525.
In case, if your license is expired then the charges will be $250 annually. That means a total of $750.
- Surcharge for operating a vehicle without DL or expired driving license is $100 per annum.
- Surcharge for Driving with a suspended license is two hundred and fifty dollars annually.
- Surcharge for Driving an uninsured motor vehicle is $250 per annum.
- Surcharge for driving while intoxicated is $1,500 per annum.
To know more details about your all surcharges, call to (609) 292-7500, extension 5024.
Ways to Pay NJ Surcharge
You can Pay all your New Jersey surcharges using four different ways.
- You can pay it online by using Credit or Debit Cards. All Major Credit and debit cards will work for this method. Be advised that the 2-3% processing fee may be charged extra by banks for this method. You can pay the surcharge by visiting the Official NJ Surcharge Website.
- You can directly pay by doing a simple call to an official NJ toll-free number (844) 424-6829. The payment will be done using your cards, so please be ready with your ATM cards.
- Pay directly with Cash at any Western Union Money Transfer office in the USA.
- You can pay it by a Cheque or money order. As this is not convenient, I am not gonna give more details about this one.