Paying NJ parking ticket online is secure and straightforward. You can complete this within a minute. Each time you make a successful traffic ticket payment, the Official NJ Municipal Courts website automatically uploads your proof of payment and related details to the New Jersey Municipal Court’s database.
So, let’s see the simple step by step guide to making the online traffic ticket payment in New Jersey.
- How to Pay NJ Parking Ticket Online?
- NJ Ticket Payment Method and Tips:
- NJ Municipal Courts Online Payment Timings
- NJ Ticket Lookup
- Traffic Violation Number Searching Process
- What is NJMCDirect?
- What is a Surcharge on a Ticket NJ?
- How to Pay NJMCDirect Surcharge?
- Can You Pay for Parking Tickets Online in New Jersey?
- What is the NJ Surcharge Violation System?
- How to Pay for NJ Surcharge?
How to Pay NJ Parking Ticket Online?
NJ traffic payment can be made only during website working hours at the New Jersey Municipal Courts online web portal. You will need your ticket number or Vehicle number and driving license ID to pay the traffic ticket online. So, make sure you are doing the process in the below-mentioned timings.
- Monday – Thursday: 0430 hours – 2315 hours (EST)
- Fridays: 0430 hours – 2215 hours (EST)
- Saturdays: 0430 hours – 1515 hours (EST)
- Sundays: 1300 hours – 2315 hours (EST)
Once you pick the timing, You Will Need the following details to finish the NJ parking ticket payment:
- Your car’s license plate (registration number)
- Your traffic or parking ticket’s number
- Credit or debit card details
NJ Ticket Payment Method and Tips:
- After gathering the listed information, visit the official NJ Municipal Courts website at njmcdirect.com. Next, enter your car’s license plate (registration number) when prompted alongside your ticket’s number. Then, proceed to payment.
- You may use your credit or debit card to pay for your ticket. This will incur service charges amounting to 3% of your payment price. In the odd case that you do not possess a bank account, please read up on alternate payment methods at the back of your parking ticket.
- Make sure to make all your payments within the time allotted to you by the New Jersey Municipal Department to avoid the surcharge.
NJ Municipal Courts Online Payment Timings
Unlike most online portals, the New Jersey Municipal Department’s website offers limited time for payments per day. To make sure you pay at the right time, refer to the details below:
- Mondays-Thursdays:0430 hours-2315 hours (EST)
- Fridays:0430 hours-2215 hours (EST)
- Saturdays:0430 hours-1515 hours (EST)
- Sundays:1300 hours-2315 hours (EST)
NJ Ticket Lookup
What to do When You can’t find NJ Traffic Ticket Number?
If you have lost your NJ traffic ticket or can’t find your NJ ticket number, you can find the ticket number online using the NJ ticket lookup tool. Visit the official NJ Municipal court Case Search website. Search for your traffic ticket number by entering any one of the following:
- Your name and driving license number
- Complaint number
- Slip number
After entering any one of these in the “search” field, you will be redirected to a new webpage where you must first clear the Captcha and then click the “search” button.
Requirements for Searching for a Time Payment Order or a Traffic Ticket
- Ticket number and prefix
- Car registration plate number
- Key in the court ID
Traffic Violation Number Searching Process
Once you finish the step above, the webpage will display additional information about you, like your initials, state name, and license ID.
What is NJMCDirect?
NJMCDirect is an online platform that enables site visitors to gather information regarding the New Jersey state traffic tickets. You can visit it at www.njmcdirect.com and access traffic information, register a complaint, and pay your traffic fines online.
The best thing about NJMCDirect is that you can avoid the pain of having to attend the municipal court to resolve your issues physically. Whether it’s a ticket you need to pay for or any information regarding New Jersey state traffic you need, you can sort it out within a few minutes with just a few taps on your computer or smart device.
What is a Surcharge on a Ticket NJ?
A surcharge is an additional penalty granted to drivers with an excessive occurrence of traffic violations, or extreme offenses like driving when intoxicated.
How to Pay NJMCDirect Surcharge?
Please visit the Nj Surcharge Payment website and enter the following information:
- License number
- Judgment number
- Surcharge number
- Notice number
Can You Pay for Parking Tickets Online in New Jersey?
Yes, Anyone can Pay for Parking Tickets Online in New Jersey. Please visit NJ Court’s official web portal at www.njmcdirect.com to register your payment.
How Much is a Seatbelt Ticket in NJ?
Drivers failing to wear a seat belt will be fined $46.
How Many Points is a Speeding Ticket in NJ?
You will be awarded points depending on your “speed above limit” score:
What is the NJ Surcharge Violation System?
This is a system that awards additional fines to drivers with an excessive number of points; the higher the points, the greater the fine.
How to Pay for NJ Surcharge?
You may pay here using a credit or debit card. Alternatively, you can make a cash deposit at your nearest Western Union branch.
Consequences for not Paying Surcharge
Failing to pay your surcharge can make you lose your license temporarily; you will not be allowed to drive a car, nor sell your assets as per the law.
Advantages of NJ Courts Online website
- Fast online payments
What Tickets Can You Pay for on NJMCDirect?
- Traffic violations
- Parking violations
- Surcharge payments
New Jersey Municipal Courts Contact Details